Are you planning your dream wedding and on the lookout for vendors? Look no further than vegan vendors! Not only do they offer delicious plant-based cuisine, but they also align with your values of compassion and sustainability. There is a common misconception that eating plant-based equals being vegan. The definition of veganism is “a philosophy and way of living which seeks to exclude—as far as is possible and practicable—all forms of exploitation of, and cruelty to, animals for food, clothing or any other purpose; and by extension, promotes the development and use of animal-free alternatives for the benefit of animals, humans and the environment. In dietary terms it denotes the practice of dispensing with all products derived wholly or partly from animals.”
As you can see, there’s a lot more to it than what we eat. In this article, we will explore 9 reasons to choose compassionate vendors to help you say “I do” to your dream wedding!
The Compassionate Way to Say “I Do”!
Gone are the days of boring dinners at weddings. Vegan wedding vendors offer a wide range of flavorful and delicious plant-based cuisine and eco-friendly vegan decor. From vegan mac and cheese to unique vegetable dishes, your wedding feast will be a memorable experience for all. But, you may ask, what about silk, leather, and feathers for decor? To that we say, “we don’t need no stinkin’ feathers! We’re vegan”.
9 Reasons to Choose Vegan Vendors
- Sustainability: By choosing vegan vendors, you are opting for a sustainable and eco-friendly wedding. Vegan food production has a lower carbon footprint than animal products, minimizing the environmental impact of your wedding. Many, if not most, vegans also have a deep sense of responsibility in doing no harm to the environment in general. That means using eco-friendly vessels, utensils, and decor.
- Health benefits: Vegan cuisine is naturally packed with essential nutrients and vitamins. It’s a great tasting healthy choice for you and your guests.
- Allergies and Dietary Restrictions: Vegan caterers cater to a wide range of dietary restrictions and allergies, ensuring that every guest is satisfied and has flavorful options.
- Compassion: Vendors who are personally vegan align with your values. They share your compassion towards animals, providing cruelty-free, eco-friendly, and ethical options for your wedding.
- Creativity: Vegan cuisine offers endless creative possibilities, providing unique and flavorful options for your wedding feast. Decor options include reusable vessels and interesting flowers, foliage, branches, and grasses. In truth, there are many more vegan options available than items like feathers and leather that require the death of an animal to produce.
- Quality Ingredients: Vegan vendors prioritize high-quality and fresh ingredients, ensuring that every dish is delicious and made with care.
- Community: Choosing vegan vendors supports the vegan community and small businesses, promoting a more ethical and compassionate world.
- Variety: Vegan caterers offer a wide variety of cuisine, accommodating different tastes and preferences.
- Deliciousness: Last but not least, vegan food is simply delicious! Your guests will be amazed by the flavorful and satisfying options provided by your vegan caterer.
Now you have 9 reasons to say “I do” to vegan vendors. Therefore it’s time to start planning your dream wedding! From delicious cuisine to ethical values, vegan vendors offer the perfect choice for your special day. Cheers to a sustainable, compassionate, and unforgettable wedding!
The rise of veganism in the US is undeniable. More and more people are opting for a plant-based lifestyle, and this decision is backed by both ethical and health concerns. From Meatless Mondays to Veganuary, average Americans are increasingly consuming plant based meals, In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the statistics behind the vegan boom in the US, as well as the reasons behind this surge in popularity.
Plant-Based Power: The Vegan Boom in the US!
According to a study by GlobalData, the number of people in the US following a vegan diet increased by 600% from 2014 to 2017. That’s a massive shift in just three years! Additionally, a 2018 Gallup poll found that 5% of Americans identify as vegetarians, while 3% identify as vegans. These numbers may seem small, but they represent a significant increase from just a few years ago.
The vegan boom is also reflected in the food industry. Plant-based options are now widely available in grocery stores and restaurants. There’s no denying the progressive increase in dedicated shelf space to vegan products such as Beyond Meat and Impossible Foods. And, that shelf space is frequently in the actual meat department. Also, many fast-food chains have added vegan items to their menus. In fact, according to a report by NPD Group, orders of plant-based dishes in restaurants increased by 20% in 2018.
From Kale to Compassion: Reasons Behind the Vegan Surge!
There are many reasons behind the rise of veganism in the US. One of the most significant factors is the growing awareness of the negative impact of animal agriculture on the environment. Animal agriculture is a major contributor to greenhouse gas emissions and land degradation. Therefore, many people are choosing a plant-based diet as a way to reduce their carbon footprint.
Another reason for the vegan surge is health. Studies have shown that a plant-based diet can reduce the risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease, type 2 diabetes, and cancer. Many people are also choosing veganism as a way to lose weight or improve their overall health and wellbeing.
Vegan FTA = Vegan for the Animals
Of course, ethics is also a major reason for the vegan boom. More and more people are becoming aware of the cruelty and suffering that animals endure in the food industry, and they are choosing to live in a way that aligns with their values of compassion and kindness.
The vegan boom in the US is not just a passing fad. It’s a reflection of our changing attitudes towards food, health, and the environment. Whether it’s for ethical reasons, health reasons, or both, more and more people are embracing a plant-based lifestyle. And with so many delicious and nutritious vegan options available, it’s never been easier to join the movement!
How to Make Your Vegan Wedding Truly Unique
If you’ve started planning your wedding you know there are many decisions to be made, from the venue to the menu. For couples who choose a vegan lifestyle, there’s an added layer of complexity, but also an opportunity to make their special day truly unique. Although many omnivores believe plant based eating is vegansin, there’s so much more to it. The definition of veganism is “to seek an end to the use of animals by man for food, commodities, work, hunting, vivisection, and by all other uses involving exploitation of animal life by man”.
That means no animals, animal products, or items tested on animals will be present at the wedding. Here are some of the most basic ways vegan weddings differ from regular weddings:
The most obvious difference is the menu. Instead of traditional slaughtered animal-based dishes, a vegan wedding will feature plant-based options that are just as delicious and satisfying. This can include dishes like mushroom risotto, roasted vegetable tart, or tofu skewers. Spices are the flavor makers which means vegan food can be made for any cuisine.
Vegan weddings often incorporate a more eco-friendly and sustainable approach to the decor. This can mean using recycled materials for centerpieces, opting for plant-based and cruelty-free candles, and choosing linens made from sustainable fabrics. Most florists will stay to repurpose ceremony decor in the reception space. Many will also restyle and donate the leftover flowers the next day.
For vegan weddings, couples choose to wear outfits made from sustainable and cruelty-free materials, such as organic cotton. Shoes will be faux leather or cloth. This also extends to the wedding party, with bridesmaids and groomsmen wearing ethically made attire.
Instead of traditional wedding favors, many vegan weddings opt for something more eco-friendly and meaningful, such as potted plants or a donation to an animal sanctuary.
A vegan wedding may choose a venue that aligns with their values, such as a farm-to-table restaurant or an outdoor space that promotes sustainability and conservation.
While planning a vegan wedding may require a bit more creativity and research, it also presents an opportunity to celebrate your values and showcase your unique style. Whether you’re a longtime vegan or simply looking to incorporate more plant-based options into your wedding, a vegan wedding is a beautiful and compassionate choice.